I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: the smell of homemade bread is so comforting to me. Walking into a kitchen that’s filled with heart-warming baking is what makes me the happiest. When you add the smell of apples and cinnamon? Oh man, just call it my Heaven! (topped with some nut butter of course)
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 scoop Designer Whey French Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Apple Pie Spice (optional)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Medium Apple, diced
3/4 cup Liquid Egg Whites (About 4 egg whites)
1/2 cup Natural Unsweetened Applesauce
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray (I use Olive Oil cooking spray)
3. Combine flour, protein powder, spices, and baking powder in a bowl.
4. Add diced apple, egg whites, apple sauce, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar to the bowl and mix well.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool and slice into 16 pieces, or to desired thickness.
Apple Spice Bread (per slice)
37 calories, 0.3g fat, 5.9g carbohydrates, 2.9g protein, 1.2g fiber, 1.9g sugar