A healthy, super chewy, perfectly sweet bar to take on the run for breakfast or snacks. It’s packed with fruit, protein, and carbohydrates to start your day off on the right foot!
These are simple to make and full of all natural ingredients. They are easy to adapt to any flavors you like. Make these over the weekend, store in the refrigerator and you’ll be set for the week!
Quinoa Breakfast Bars
Adapted from Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins
2/3 cup Cooked Quinoa
1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Fiber One Bran Cereal (or any cereal of choice)
2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1 Medium Pear, chopped*
1/4 cup Walnuts
1/3 cup Craisins
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 (6-ounce) container Chobani Pear Greek Yogurt*
3 Tbsp Liquid Egg Whites
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or use parchment paper for easy removal.
2. In a food processor, add oats and cereal. Process until a flour-like consistency develops.
3. In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, oats, cereal, and flaxseed. Combine well.
4. In a ziplock bag, pound walnuts so they are smaller pieces.
5. Add pear, walnuts, Craisins, yogurt, and egg whites to dry ingredients. Mix everything together well.
6. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool, then slice into 8 bars.
Quinoa Breakfast Bars (1 bar)
146 calories, 4.3g fat, 24.1g carbohydrates, 5.7g protein, 4.9g fiber, 8.1g sugar
*Some alternative options:
- 1/2 cup blueberries and blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1 banana sliced and banana, honey, vanilla, or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 apple chopped and apple cinnamon Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and vanilla Greek yogurt
You can mix in any of your favorites, the possibilities are endless!