Not only are the Oscars tomorrow, but it’s also (the always fun) Liebster Award time in the blogosphere!
The wonderful Jennifer from WineToWeightlifting nominated me this time around, so here we go!
- Each nominated person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated.
- Nominate 11 people and link them to your post.
- Go to their page and tell them and most importantly, NO TAG BACKS!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. When Maura went off to college, I called her to find out how to make grilled cheese.
2. I eat apples down to the core. Literally.
3. I was cut from the middle school volleyball team and never tried out again.
4. I am a neat freak. I seriously cannot leave a dish in the sink, it drives me nuts.
5. I was in a music video.
Can you find me?
Hint: I’m wearing a green bikini top with black bottoms and in other scenes I’m wearing a black top and jeans.
6. I did gymnastics for 7 years, and the one thing I regret is not continuing with it.
7. If I wasn’t in pharmacy school, I would definitely open up my own healthy living cafe.
8. Give me the choice between cupcake and peanut butter, I will choose peanut butter every time.
9. Matt and I had a class together my freshman year of high school, but didn’t officially “meet” until two years later through mutual friends.
10. I’ve never dyed my hair.
11. Our wedding photos are featured in the office of the place we got married at.
Questions From Jennifer:
What is your favorite fitness activity, and how did you get started doing it?
- Definitely running! It allows me to clear my mind and escape everything. I started running when my dad started getting into races. I started out wondering what was so addicting about it, but now there is no turning back!
What is your favorite cheat meal, and how often do you do it?
- My favorite cheat meal would have to be a cannoli! I have them anytime I go home. You can’t beat my dad’s homemade cannolis.
Most favorite “healthy” recipe? Share the link if you’d like, too!
- Oh gosh that’s a tough one! I couldn’t pick just one so here’s my favorite from each meal :)
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with a twist in a flatbread bowl
- Lunch: Sweet & savory stuffed sweet potatoes
- Dinner: Italian stuffed peppers.
How old were you when you started taking care of your fitness?
- I actually grew up on sports. Gymnastics, basketball, dance, soccer, softball, tennis, and track were all apart of my childhood. My parents picked up healthier eating habits when I was in middle school, but I didn’t pick up taking care of myself until I got to pharmacy school.
What is your worst bad habit?
- I can’t leave anything undone, which makes it hard to have a social life when you’re constantly studying!
Favorite place to shop?
- Lululemon, Banana Republic, and J. Crew!
Top song on your workout/running playlist?
- Some Nights by Fun.
Why did you start blogging?
- I wanted to share some of my creations with others. Healthy living is something that has been so important to me since I started my undergraduate studies, but it’s often looked at as being difficult to do. It’s by no means easy, but it also doesn’t have to be complicated. So I decided that the best way for me to express myself was through this blog.
Do you prefer to workout at home, at a traditional gym, or a specialized workout facility?
- At a gym or outside for a run.
Favorite board game or smartphone game?
- My family and I are addicted to Words With Friends!
What vitamins or supplements do you take daily?
- I just take a daily multivitamin. I try to get most of my nutrients from food. After runs or a workout I refuel with protein smoothies to replenish my calories and help my muscles recover.
- Alex from AlexTriesItOut
- Amanda from ConfessionsOfATypeAthlete
- Heather from SoulfulSpoon
- Jody from Truth2BeingFit
- Lindsay from ItzLinz
- Lish from JumpEatRun
- Alexis from Hummusapien
- Wendy from OneToughMotherRunner
- Annie from LiveHikeRun
- Christina from TheAthletarian
- Erica from EricaDHouse
My Questions For You:
What is your favorite recipe to make?
What motivates you to keep going?
If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
What is your ideal vacation getaway?
What is your favorite pre-race/competition meal?
What is your favorite store to shop?
Why did you start blogging?
What is one upcoming event this year that you are looking forward to?
What is the one thing that you splurge on?
If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What is your favorite hobby?
A Special thank you to Jennifer for the nomination!